Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week 2 of School

Just like Alice of Wonderland fame, this school stuff is getting curiouser and curiouser.
Right now I'm only in the trial or Orientation phase, but I've already ridden the roller coaster of knowledge a few times. Some things have been difficult to get the hang of, but like so many other classrooms, I was not the only one with questions (and many of them the same!) But I think I'm finally getting the hang of it all...except...
Because there is no formal classroom that we all meet in (we're all in different states including the Professor) we have to have discussions somehow. In order to be flexible for all involved, the idea of Skyping or any other online video chat is really out of the question. So, we all do sort of a chat room/blog room. The teacher posts questions for us to respond to during the week and we post our reply. The frustrating part of it is, you don't get credit for just replying to the question. You have to comment on others comments. I'm not very good at this because although I blog in a lot of ways it is just me with a few comments here and there...and I'm not graded on it!
Oh well...I guess I have to be more friendly and comment more...here goes week 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment