Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yay Me!!

I have done a lot in secret lately, but I'm trying to stop that. I believe there are things you should keep to yourself, of course, but the things I have been holding to myself have just been out of insecurity. I don't like to be judged (even though it's one of my favorite pastimes). I actually care what people think of me and I don't think that is a bad thing as long as it's not taken too far. I don't like rejection either, it effects me in a bad way. I was hesistant to share my entering into school again for fear that I would fail and people would ask about it. At this point and time I do not feel like I am going to fail, in fact I feel quite positive about it. I understand my risks so don't you worry. With that being said, I have another little secret to share: I have been trying to take better care of myself. I don't like to say "diet" because to me that seems to imply that it will all come to an end rather than being a life-long venture. I don't have a weight goal (that's too depressing for me) but I do have a simple goal of just doing better (whatever that means to me). I won't go into too much detail on how I'm doing it simply because I don't want any unsolicited advice. What I am doing is actually working for me, thus the "Yay Me" title of this post! I don't stand on scales because I will obsess too much about that, but I can tell it's starting to work because my clothes fit much better! I pulled my more snug pair of jeans right out of the dryer and put them on without any trouble! No huffing and puffing, no having to manuever my body positioning to fit in my jeans. Nope. Just put 'em on one leg at a time! It..was..AWESOME!! I don't think my weight loss is very noticable, but at least I can tell and that helps me carry on! Yay Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment