Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Small Accomplishment...

This picture is not me, but it represents a small accomplishment for me. See, last night I started noticing something that I thought was slight, but now I see as something bigger. This morning I acknowledged to myself that I had lost not only weight, but inches. I noticed in a different way: my pajamas fit big now. The PJ's that I have been wearing without needing to be cinched up were starting to fall off my fluffy self and I thought, "This can't be right. Maybe they got stretched out." But upon further reflection and investigation, I found that I had lost enough fat around my waist to make a significant difference in the way I wear my clothes. I also happily discovered that I had lost a bit on my thighs as well. Sadly, my bum is still overtly large, but I give it time.
See, my weight loss program isn't a diet or a new way of living, it is simply taking notice of what and when I eat and being conscious of it. I am doing this whole thing at a slow pace so I can't get upset if I don't see immediate results (I started doing this around November). I'm not going to be one of the lucky few who can boast about losing a large amount of weight in just a few months, but I will be able to maintain better I believe.
My goal range is about the same as my schooling: about 5 years to my optimum weight. I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh or how much I want to lose. It's not that I am completely ashamed of myself, I'm sort of indifferent and I realize shame and guilt don't motivate me. I am just going to focus on my accomplishments, no matter how small, because that does motivate me and that's what really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment