Monday, December 12, 2011

Everyday is Saturday...

Whenever I think about my tasks I have set out for myself for the day, I ask myself,"What day is it?" Often, I ask myself this several times a day. I look around the quiet streets of my neighborhood searching for clues on what day it is. More often than not I come to the conclusion that today is indeed Saturday....and more often than not I am wrong. Like today for instance. I was driving home from grocery shopping and purchasing my final Christmas gift for the season (WOO HOO!) I looked around my neighborhood, I looked at the time on the clock in the car and on my phone (like that would help) and thought the day was the start of the weekend. Of course today is actually Monday, a day that is most hated above others and not Saturday the complete opposite.

"Why," you may ask, might I think everyday is Saturday? It is because I do not have a regular 9-5 (or 6-3 which is most like the people I know) type of job. My husband is home on disability and has been since his health issues began (see any post from Arizona on). My days are monotonous and meaningless more often than not. Of course, I have my adorable growing-into-his-own son of mine that mixes things up a bit each day, but other than that my life is like having Mac n' Cheese everyday with an occasional hot dog chunk thrown in if I'm good.

Anybody else feel this way or is it just me? ...Probably just me....

No comments:

Post a Comment