Thursday, March 1, 2012

The BIG Clean Up

I don't know if I have told you all about my clean house idea: to clean four times a year versus just one. I was thinking that if I could clean every equinox and solstice, I would have a much cleaner house all year-round and be much happier for it. Spring would be the big junk drop with a HUGE yard sale (more info on that to come).

So...we are starting to BIG clean during the stereotypical Springtime (been doing a lot of things that way this year, why stop now?)

We are going from room to room and eliminating things we don't need or use. We plan to do our town's community yard sale and come home with NOTHING! (except for a couple of larger items if they don't sell). We are going to take that money to make and keep our home more organized with new closet set-ups, kitchen drawer pull-outs, and the like. We are also going to spruce up our home with paint to reward ourselves a job well done!

Our inspiration is coming from the Clean House show we recently got hooked on. It has given us the motivation we needed to get started and continue on! We don't think we're as bad as some of the folks on that show, but we definitely have the tendencies. With the Pack Raticus (Pack Rat in layman's terms) genome running rampant in our souls, we need a good push more often then I would like to admit.

So, tell me. What do you think? Good idea or bad idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment