Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 Resolution (or Theme) Update

Since the announcement of this year's theme I've been anxious to get on with it. (Maybe next year should be about Patience) I knew I would have to forgive and possibly forget: forget hurt feelings, forget hurtful words and actions. It may (or may not) surprise you to know that Forgiveness does not come easily to me. I tend to remember everything and I have worked hard over the years not to be so black and white in my thoughts and actions.

So with all that weighing on my mind I wasn't sure if I was ready to Let Go, but Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself...thankfully. But His methods always seem to catch me by surprise. I know He seems to start small and gradually get more involved, I just don't catch on until the big stuff really gets going. But this is different. Last night while meditating (you should try it, it's so wonderful) I received my first item to Let Go. Like always, I was caught off guard because I had anticipated Letting Go of the big things. I thought I had already done away with the smaller thoughts and feelings that got overthrown when the bigger events started taking precedence.

I thought, release and Let Go lots of things...
Instead I was asked to start with one...
One little thought, but it was the very first thought at the very beginning of EVERYTHING. It was so small and so First Thought that I never even mentioned it. I never even mentioned to Ben! But that Thought was what I was asked to Let Go.

It makes me think of the Sound of Music:
      ♪♪ Let's start at the very beginning,
            A very good place to start ♪♪

Alma 37:6 ...but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.




No comments:

Post a Comment