Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Arizona Update:Sleeping!!

It's finally happened! Christopher has finally started to sleep through the night! The other night he slept almost 8 HOURS! Then he will wake up to eat for about an hour then go back to sleep for another 3 to 4 hours. Isn't that GREAT! Of course, right now, I'm tired because Christopher decided to break up his sleeptime into three intervals instead of just the two, but that's ok. Finally the evening is not the scariest time of the day for me. I can actually handle the nights on my own...sort of. I still really need the company. Having Ben next to me even though he can't help out much is like having the little night light on...it scares away all the boogymen even just with that little light.

OH! That reminds me. We might be able to come home in a week from today! We will LOVE to have everyone over...just as soon as I can clean my house. We left in such a hurry that I never actually got any housecleaning done and I know my house is such a mess.

The scheduling here wants Ben to come back for surgery just two weeks after being home so we're trying to get that all settled in the next two days or so. So, here's my chance to solicite any and every one...I could use some companionship during the days and nights while Ben is gone. It looks like when he goes back down for surgery he might be at The Center for two weeks or so and I don't do well when he is gone. I know everyone has their own things going on so I won't ask anyone directly. Just a play-date or a sleep-over or even just an hour to sit and talk. I'm still having a real hard time dealing with Ben's cancer and having to watch him be in so much discomfort and fatigued. It's difficult still, knowing there is nothing I can do to stop his pain.

7 comments:

  1. How come you aren't going back with him for his surgery? How long will he be there for the surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it cost too much, it's a lot of trouble taking the baby back and forth, i have a poor kitty i haven't seen in two months that's in dire need of my attention and i'd still be all alone at the hotel while ben stays at "in patient"...all around just sucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was going to volunteer to babysit the little bambino for you. I bet it is expensive. If you decide you want to change your mind, I really wouldn't mind watching him while you go. I'm not working right now. Let me know what you need when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can take Christopher to work with me to give you a few hours to sleep or relax on your own any day (M-F) and have him in a nice, safe place. Just let me know if you want to do that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for your offers. i will definitely call on you for those favors, but what i need really is a sort of nanny/new best friend to help take care of christopher and hang out with me. he's still breast fed only (with the exception of new food at night) so i have to be near him or be able to send milk and sometimes that's not that easy...but it has been getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure I can come over for some time while Ben is gone. I will be off work healing still. Glad to hear you will be home soon! You guys have been sorely missed! Give me a call some time. I feel sorta out of the loop one whats going on. Alls well here so far. I've been up and about and I'm feeling better everyday. I don't envy Ben his surgery, it isn't as bad as I was imagining (not fabulous or anything, but your body is so amazing...I can't believe I was up and walking 2 days after surgery). Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and way to go Christopher on giving your mom and dad a little sleep reprieve!

    ReplyDelete